Your theme comes with support of post formats. These allow you to change the behavior of each post, depending on the format you choose. Depending on the post format, an icon appears, post format icon on the right of each post, stating the type of the post, and clicking on that, takes you to a listing page of that post type.
To choose a post format, create a new (or edit an existing) post, and from the Format box, select the format you want. The supported formats are:
- Standard: This is the standard format, just a plain post that can have a featured image.
- Image: The image post format, is just like a simple post with a featured image. Of course the post format icon is different. You need to set a featured image for image posts.
- Gallery: The gallery post format, is similar to the Image post format, but instead of a single image, a slider appears. You need to upload multiple images from within the post, in the same way that you would upload featured images. The behavior of the slider can be changed from CSSIgniter Settings – Display Options.
- Video: The video post type allows you to embed videos from a variety of sources. On the Video Details box, enter the URL of a video from a supported website, for example:
- Audio: This post format, allows you to embed an audio player by simply pasting a URL to an MP3 file. You can either upload the audio file via the WordPress Media Gallery and use it, or type any URL to an audio file. Supported audio file formats are: .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .ogg and .oga, but we recommend that you always use .mp3 files for maximum compatibility across browsers.
- Quote: This post format allows you to post a quote, with proper attribution to the source. You enter the quote on the Quoted text box, the name of the person who said it on the Cite box, and optionally the URL of the webpage that you took the quote from in the Citation URL box.
Love it button
Pinfinity comes with its own custom-made love-it button, just like Pinterest’s and Facebook’s “Like” button. There’s no configuration available and it just works, leaving a cookie on the users browser to check which entries he has loved so that there are no multiple votes. If for some reason you want to change the heart icon, it is located in images/sprites.png, part of the sprite image that contains most images of the theme.
This theme supports widgets. There are two widget area defined.
- Top Header, which is designed to hold the CI Social Widget and the Search Widget only.
- Intro Widget, which is designed to hold all widgets and will be displayed as your first post containing information about you (via using the About Me widget), your Flickr photos, lists, categories, Twitter widget etc. Note that if you leave this widget area blank nothing will show up.
This theme supports custom menus. There is one menu location defined, Main Menu, that appears on the top of each page. For information on using custom menus, please see read http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance -> CSSIgniter Settings. Let’s have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your site’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it to the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Color scheme: Allows you to change the color scheme used.
- Site layout: Allows you to change the layout of the site, from the default (post and page content is centered), to the alternative (post and page content is left aligned).
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be already in .ico format.
Within the background options tab you can override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox “Disable custom background”.
Various options that affect what your website displays.
- Slider: Allows you to change the behavior of the front page slider.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be, and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of the <title> tag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
These options control the behavior of the -=CI Social=- widget. The widget displays Social Media icons, depending on the services you have enabled and provided a link to your profile, in this page.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website, and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with, and it will be automatically be server to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides for registering to email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by their website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use our accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles, along with the Background Options.